Fashion Design is a source which shows you to develop your ideas and extensive research. Combination of experts(lectures) in fashion and design workshops training is fashion design education.
Easier way for upcoming fashion designers, the government as well as privately funded institutions have introduced comprehensive courses. In past five years India has seen lot of institutes popular and huge amount of students joined, course of fashion as a serious degree.
- Performance in entrance exam.
- For undergraduate programmes – 10+2 with a minimum of 50% from any recognized board of education.
- For postgraduate program a bachelor’s degree in a specific field.
- Having a portfolio of sketches, drawings and other artistic creations help.
Skills and Aptitude
- Originality, creativity, an eye for detail and understanding of clothes and fashion
- Knack for combining the right color shades, textures and fabrics to to bring to life one’s imagination
- Knowledge of fabrics, the way they draping, material, weaving styles, color and design
- Basic tailoring skills
- Good communication skills
- Fashion consciousness
- Market awareness and awareness of the consumer’s preferences
Like most vocational courses, a degree in fashion too is expensive. Educational loans are an option for those who aren’t able to afford it on their own, personal loans are also a viable option to finance one’s education though they come with a higher rate of interest.
Fashion Designing is a demanding profession. The long working hours during college only prepare one for the long working hours as professional. And one should remember that it is not only limited to designing clothes. Design in fact includes a vast gamut of professions that include Jewelry or accessory designing. Most designers start by apprenticing with an established fashion designer or look for employment in an export or manufacturing unit. Others freelance from a hime studio or boutique and develop their own labels. Career options can include any of the following –
- Fashion marketing
- Costume design
- Personal stylist
- Technical designer
- Production pattern maker
- Cutting assistant
- Fashion coordinator
- Apparel production manager
- Fabric buyer
- Fabric quality control manager
- Sales representative
- Fashion journalism
- Fashion photography
Fashion Designing a career aspect, students should not have a doubt about joining top institutes.